Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Important Updates

Well I got my first "official" homework assignment this week, and it fits perfectly with the end goal of my project. Woo.
Lorie's 3rd years, the final year of the Let's Play Music program actually compose their own songs, then perform them at the end of the year at their recital. Lorie asked me to input the completed songs the students composed into Finale, a music writing software, then print them out!
This has been great for me because she sat down and tutored me in how to actually use Finale, which was very helpful, and I am getting some great practice before I sit down and write my music book, where I am planning on using Finale to compose and write my own exercises for the violin.
Speaking of which, wow was that ambitious. I don't know enough!!! But I am just going to do my best and hope I can churn out something with all I have learned this year. I have a lot of ideas for the book. I will list them below:

  • Piecing out difficult melodies then combining the different exercies into one final song. 
    • Inspired by Let's Play Music's simplified approach to music. 
  • A sort of "choose your own adventure" where the book is put into sections and then the student can decide which section is most difficult for them and focus on that section after learning the preliminaries of instrument
    • Inspired by my own experience learning the violin and realizing I had a much harder time with technique then with the pitches and other concepts because of my musical background. 
  • Classical music "listenings" with exercises taken from the melody of the classical pieces to help with ear training and difficult pitch concepts. 
    • Inspired by Let's Play Music's use of folk and classical songs to teach solfegge and pitch relations


No comments:

Post a Comment