Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Composition is Hard

Composition is hard. 
This week, I am beginning to hone in on what I want my end product, my violin book, to actually look like. And boy is this process way more than I can actually handle. 
Why? 
1) There is an excessive amount of content I want to cover. The time in which I have to write this is dwindling, and even if I had limitless amounts of time, energy and willpower, there would still probably be the same struggle. There is just so much to say! And the problem also exists of writing down in a method that all beginners can understand. Live teaching is just so much more preferable. 
2) Composition isn't actually all that challenging, at least at a basic level. The challenge comes because there are so many different exercises. The sheer volume and number of different styles of violin exercises are staggering. But, hopefully I can mix enough of the different styles I have studied to make a sort of "Chose Your Own Adventure" type of book.
But, Finale, the music program I have to write all these exercises, is super easy to use, and totally doable, just takes the grunt work of actually inputing each note individually. Hoping to actually learn the keyboard shortcuts for Finale. 
Woo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment