Monday, March 7, 2016

Third Time's a Charm

This whole practicing thing is finally coming together (as is my life). The internship is going great! Lorie asks for my opinion on things which is cool. She then incorporated them (which is even cooler!). I am also training my younger brother on how to teach piano lessons. So I'm teaching someone how to teach. I feel like I have gained a lot of experience just watching Lorie's methods these past few weeks. 
Here are some pictures/videos of Let's Play Music that I have included so you can feel apart of everything that's happening. 
Here are the kids, sitting on their rug and following Mrs. Lorie's instructions. 

Mrs. Lorie, singing the welcome song. 

Singing the "Valentine" song. "Will you be my V-a-l-e-n-t-i-n-e?" The song is designed to help the kids learn specific solfegge, sol, la, ti, and do which are "hiding"in the song. The kids get to pick out the increments they know, and sing the song again, this time with solfegge and hand signs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment